Materials for Definition of Olive Oil Leaf Wrap (Çiğden)
- 250 grams of fresh leaves
- 2 cups of rice
- 2-3 dried onions
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of fresh mint
- Or 1 spoon of dried mint
- Buy pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 3 – 4 glasses of olive oil
Definition of Olive Oil Leaf Wrap (Çiğden)
- First, we wash the leaves, then put it in a pot, put water in it, add salt and boil until our leaves are soft.
- We extract and wash the rice and add the onions finely and add them into the rice.
- Let’s add salt-pepper, pepper, sugar, 1/2 cup oil and water and mix them together. Put the stems of the leaves in a flat pot at the bottom, lay a layer of leaves on it
- We can divide and use the big ones in half as they have small leaves.
- Let’s put a spoon inside the hairy faces of the leaves and wrap them.
- Sort the stuffing on the leaves
- Put enough water on it with the remaining oil
- First, cook on low heat
- After cooling, serve with yogurt
Note: When cooking in a steel pot, reduce the water.